Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Lumby Lines


The Lumby Lines
by Gail Fraser

About the book: Welcome to Lumby, a quaint little northwest town with quirky residents, a grumpy newspaper editor and the best-dressed bird you'll ever come across. Pam and Mark Walker meet all these and more as they set about converting Lumby's fire-ravaged monastary into a quaint bed and breakfast. Follow the Walkers through their successes and their failures as they attempt to win over the hearts of the townspeople.

From me: The Lumby Lines was very interesting. The romance threw me for a loop (it snuck up on me somehow), but other than that I enjoyed the little bit of mystery and all the "articles" that were shared from the pages of the local newspaper in Lumby.

The Lumby Lines is the first in a 5-book series and I'll be heading to my local library to hunt down the rest of them. This story is too good to leave at book one!

*****
Disclaimer: I was given a copy of this book for free in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own.

0 comments: