Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Out-of-Control

Lately I've felt completely clueless when it comes to disciplining the boys.

Noah is very opinionated and mouthy. More often than not I will hear from him, "No YOU be quiet", "No, YOU clean up" etc....I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

Jack just ignores me. You tell him to stop doing something and he just looks the other way and keeps on keeping on.

I've never been good at spanking. The boys could care less and I end up loosing my temper. And spanking is not safe or effective when you lose your temper.

We're not going to get into a discussion about spanking either.

I like to win. I've always liked to win. Noah likes to win too. You can see where this is headed LOL

I can't tell you how happy I was last night when I found out I could watch Super Nanny episodes on ABC's website. Oh. my. gosh. I used to watch her shows all the time and make notes about her discipline techniques...and practice them on my daycare kids LOL They worked.

I had completely forgotten about most of her techniques until last night when I watched the Mann family. The Manns = Me - a daddy. They were disciplining exactly like I was!

I'm happy to report that I've instituted time-outs again today and it has been a much quieter, peaceful day. Both boys have spent some time in the corner, but they've cleaned up their messes and I don't feel like banging my head against a wall or giving them up for adoption!

Bless you Super Nanny!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Morgan does the same thing as Noah! She usually ends up in a time out, but probably not as much as she should. Blake is usually good and if he isn't he'll still listen-I lucked out with him! LOL!

I had forgotten all about Super Nanny. I remember watching the show and feeling like I did better with the kids afterwards. I should probably start watching again! :-)

Debbie said...

My neighbor is highly recommending to me a program called A Nurtured Heart. I have the book on my library hold list. But she says it has changed their lives completely. And being around her and her son I've seen a huge difference.