Saturday, March 6, 2010

Revolve 2010 Biblezine















I recently received the Revolve 2010 Biblezine in the mail to read and review and I hafta tell you, it was pretty cool.

If you haven't seen this "magazine" in Christian bookstores than you probably have no clue what I'm talking about, so let me tell ya. The Revolve Biblezine is the complete New Testament of the Bible (New Century Version) in magazine form. It is marketed especially for teenage girls and includes articles by Chad Eastham (The Truth about Guys), Q&A's, quizzes and free music downloads from christian music artists.

Even though I'm 25, I still enjoyed reading the Bible in Revolve form. The extra content was interesting (thought a bit random), and for those that have a hard time focusing (ahem), it allowed you to get "distracted" while still encouraging God's principles in your life.

I really liked the version of Revolve as well. The New Century version is very clear reading. Teens are not going to be stumbling over thee and thou; it's everyday English; so they have no excuse not to put into practice what they are reading LOL

The pages are also little thicker than a normal magazine so there's no worries about tearing them and the actual chapters and verses are clearly laid out, with an index in the front.

All-in-all, I think the compact form and attractive layout of this New Testament is great for teenage girls to be able to take to school in their backpack and it will definitely be a great conversation starter.

And if you don't believe me, just ask my 14-year-old sister; She saw my review copy or Revolve and is anxiously awaiting my completed review so she can have it to keep!

*****
BUY IT: You can purchase the Revolve 2010 Biblezine at Amazon.com for $11.55 - Just click here!

*****
Disclaimer: The book was given to me to review, but my opinion was not bought.

1 comments:

Kristie said...

I've never heard of a Bible in magazine form-maybe I'll have to take a peak at it if it's in the Family Christian Bookstore. I know I always used to get the Brio magazine through junior high and high school and loved reading every page of it! :-)