Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Cheap 'n Easy Meatloaf

When Kristie and I went out, we ate at this awesome restaurant that served meatloaf sandwiches (which I'd never attempted before) and it was yummy. I've been craving meatloaf ever since and have been Swagging for recipes since. I figured I'd share the ones I try; hence, meatloaf recipe #1:

Barbecue Meatloaf

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup barbecue Sauce, divided
1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg, beaten

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce.

SHAPE into loaf in 12x8-inch baking dish.

BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked through (160°F). Let stand 5 minutes. Top with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.


I actually did the mini-loaf thing. I used silicone muffin trays, filled them to the top and baked for about 35 min. I immediately removed them from the tray and they fell apart a bit, so the second batch I left to cool in the tray and they held up alot better.

Honestly, the meatloaf seemed a little dry to me and I wasn't to impressed with the oatmeal. I think I like using saltines better. Although the BBQ taste was fantastic!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

This one sounds similar to the one I make (my parents' recipe), except I think I use ketchup and tomato juice and not BBQ sauce. This sounds a lot tastier though!

Jessica D. said...

We use a stuffing mix. That way it has all the seasoning :D