Friday, April 30, 2010

Combating the Commandment of Confusion













Combating the Commandment of Confusion
A Bibleman Live Adventure

About the movie: The Bible Team is conducting a training session at their Bible Adventure Training Academy When The Commandment of Confusion and his sidekick, Chaos interrupt and steal the Bible Team's secret weapon. The secret weapon allows the Bible Team to put on the full armour of God anywhere they want, but Chaos is only attracted to it because the warning on the side says: "this device contains the most powerful weapon known to man, follow instructions closely to prevent severe harm." The Bible team have to recover their secret weapon and the only way they will win is to use the scriptures they have memorized and prayer.

From me: Bibleman first came out when I was a young teen. It was never a wildly popular show with me because it seemed like second rate acting, sometimes the scenes seemed awkward. Having a live show makes it even worse, in my opinion. With that said, the one thing I love about Bibleman is the clear message that we overcome evil with the Word of God and prayer. Most Christian kids' shows don't deliver this message so clearly.

I was surprised to see that both of the boys were captivated with the show when I turned it on and they have watched it several times since. Noah goes around singing the Bibleman song now :) I think Bibleman is great for ages two through, possibly eight; but after that the kids will probably notice that the acting is a little stunted and the fight scenes are very...fake.

If you do decide to invest in a Bibleman Adventure (and I think you should!) pick up one that is not a live adventure. The acting won't drive you as crazy :)

****
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze book review bloggers program. All opinions are my own.

0 comments: