Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Mommy Files


Secrets Every New Mom Should Know
(that no one else will tell you!)
by Jen Klein

About the book: Jen Klein is a contributing writer at Sheknows.com and this book is kind of a springboard from that. In The Mommy Files, Klein has written down all of the advice and secrets to Mommy success that she's learned over the years. From the first positive pregnancy test to the first time you attempt to teach your toddler the ABC's, she's got it covered. You get all of the advice, tips and tricks that only experience teaches you; layed out in a friendly relaxed format.

From me: I actually had a hard time getting through the book, but I think it's because I've got two toddlers and have already experienced alot of what Jen writes about. Jen writes like she is sitting down and sharing a relaxing chat with a friend and she includes links to Sheknows articles all through the book. Which I thought was kinda neat. I think, for a new mom, this book could be a nice addition to the stack of pregnancy books we all read. It will definitly give you information that is not normally found in them! I think this would be a great book to slip into that baby shower basket for a first-time Mom.


*****
The book is from FSB Associates. The review is from me.

1 comments:

Angela said...

I actually have a friend who wants to be pregnant in a year. She is waiting for her Husband to finish college, get a job and a home of their own. She doesn't really know much about child raising, so I bet this would be a good book for her.