Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stealing Lumby



















Stealing Lumby
By Gail Fraser

About the book: Back in the 1950s, Lumby had a brief moment of fame when renowned artist Dana Porter made two of its picturesque barns the subject of his greatest painting. In Stealing Lumby, the town is jolted from its comfortable obscurity once again when the famous painting disappears and the national media comes a-calling in an effort to solve the mystery. Things go from bad to worse when one of the barns itself goes missing; some see dollar signs in all the attention but others just want to get things back to the way they've always been. There is, after all, the Summer Solstice Moo Doo Iditarod to plan for. All of Lumby's quirkiness comes alive again in this delightful sequel to The Lumby Lines. Faithful readers will recognize old friends, enjoy meeting new ones, and relish all the antics as the story unfolds-as pieces of the stolen barn show up in the strangest of places, a schooner goes sailing down Main Street, and the famous artist considers recreating his masterpiece in a way that amazes all.
-taken from the Lumby web site-

From me: I was thrilled when the publisher offered me the entire Lumby series for review after I posted my review of The Lumby Lines! I am in love with Lumby! I love the quirky residents, the crazy events and, of course, the Lumby Lines newspaper articles - they really make the book! Stealing Lumby was just as great as the first and I've already dived into book number 3, Lumby's Bounty! If you haven't read this series yet, what are you waiting for?!?!

By the way, you can read the first chapter of each book at Lumby's official web site!

*****
I received this book in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

jahanzaib said...

Really like this website, this really helps and very useful.
germany flowers
flowers to germany

Kristie said...

One of these days I'll start reading more...these books sound like ones that I'd like! :-)