Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Fried Zucchini

I am absolutely addicted to fried zucchini, it's the only way I will eat zucchini! I know the mix could be a little tastier and I've run across a couple recipes that use cornmeal, but I haven't tried them yet. I'll let you know when I do!

For now...


Fried Zucchini
A medium zucchini
1 egg
Milk
1/2 cup flour (I use white)
Salt & Pepper
Oil for frying (I use lard!)

Mix the egg and a little milk in one bowl. I normally add enough milk to make the mixture a uniform color.

Mix the flour and a little salt and alot of pepper in a second bowl.

Slice your zucchini.

Your skillet needs to be on medium-high, put in your oil and let it heat up (I'd tell ya how much, but I don't know LOL)

Dip each zucchini piece in the egg mixture and then the flour mixture (I use a fork so my fingers don't get all gummy) and then into the pan they go!

Once the one side gets golden brown, flip to the other side until it's golden brown as well.

Pull 'em out and your ready to eat!

As you can see, I'm not so great at sharing recipes that don't already have the instructions and amounts written out LOL If you have no clue what I said, just ask!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Those looks SO good! I'll definitely have to try this when we have zucchini coming out of our ears this summer! ;-) I saw a recipe at EatingWell.com for baked zucchini fries that reminds me of this. (I also saw one with parmesian cheese-yum!)

Angela said...

That is pretty much what I do with green tomatoes. I LOVE fried green tomatoes, I bet zucchini would be good too!

Nellie Dee said...

Sometimes I just randomly click on the "next blog" button. Today when I did so, I found that you also recommended a Shaun Groves song, whom I just happen to follow his blog. Then I saw that you love fried zucchini, so I had to check out your recipe. I absolutely love fried zucchini, but I just fry it up with a little olive oil, add some onion, maybe some tomatoes and basil, then top with cheese which melts and enjoy. Or, I just fry it up and melt the cheese on top and then top with Pace Picante sauce. YUMMY!
I'll have to follow your blog.
You are welcome to come by mine at: www.profitableprose.blogspot.com