Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Flicks: Hachi

















Hachi

About the movie:
From Academy Award-nominated director Lasse Hallström (2000, The Cider House Rules) comes Hachi: a Dog's Tale, a film based on one of the most treasured and heartwarming true stories ever told. Golden Globe winner Richard Gere (2002, Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy, Chicago) stars as Professor Parker Wilson, a distinguished scholar who discovers a lost Akita puppy on his way home from work. Despite initial objections from Wilson’s wife, Cate (Academy Award nominee Joan Allen – 2000, Best Actress, The Contender), Hachi endears himself into the Wilson family and grows to be Parker's loyal companion. As their bond grows deeper, a beautiful relationship unfolds embodying the true spirit of family and loyalty, while inspiring the hearts of an entire town.
-taken from the product description on Amazon

From me:
I almost didn't rent Hachi. I'm not one for animal movies really. I almost turned Hachi off halfway through because I wasn't that interested. I'm really glad I didn't. The last half of the movie was very touching. Of course, I cried like a baby for the last 15-20 minutes of the movie. Hachi is a little slow-moving, but in the end, it's worth watching.

1 comments:

Bex said...

I really loved this movie. I thought my parents were crazy for renting it. I came into half way through and fell in love. I went back the next day and watched it from the beginning. It was definitely something I wouldn't see myself enjoying so much, but I'm definitely glad that I did watch it. :)