Thursday, June 10, 2010

Saving Max







Saving Max

by Antoinette Van Heughten

From the book: What would a loving mother not do for her child?

Lawyer Danielle Parkman is at her wit's end. Her son Max, a whip-smart teen with high-functioning autism, has always been a handful, but lately he's shutting down, using drugs and lashing out - violently.

Desperate, Danielle brings Max to a top-flight psychiatric facility. But rather than reassurance, Danielle receives an agonizing diagnosis portraying a severely damaged, dangerous boy - one she's never met.

The Danielle finds Max unconscious and bloodied at the feet of a patient, who has been brutally stabbed to death. Worse, Danielle is arrested as an accessory to the heinous crime.

In a baffling netherworld of doubt and fear, barred from contacting her son, Danielle clings to the thought of Max's innocense. But has she, too, lost touch with reality? Is her baby boy really a killer?

With the justice system bearing down on them both, Danielle steels herself to discover the truth - no matter how horrifying. But only finding the true killer will absolve her from having to choose between her son and her soul.
-taken from the book's back cover

From me: Saving Max was amazing! It's not often that I find a thriller that succeeds in keeping me on the edge of my seat the entire read, this one did! The twists and turns kept my brain working, the emotion kept my interested and with minimal amounts of violence and gore, I think this is one of the few adult thrillers that will make it to the top of my favorites!

*****
I received this book from Phenix & Phenix Literary Publicists in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own
.

1 comments:

Marybeth Poppins said...

That sounds awesome! I'm going to be adding it to my library list!!! I don't usually read adult fiction, but this one sounds really intriguing!