Thursday, July 8, 2010

Shoulder Bags and Shootings




















Shoulder Bags and Shootings
A Haley Randolph Mystery
by Dorothy Howell

From the book:
Life is beyond fabulous for Haley Randolph. She just spent two amazing weeks in Europe with her boyfriend Ty Cameron, owner of Holt’s Department Store where Haley works. And now Ty’s grandmother, Ada, is letting Haley drive her way-cool Mercedes. Plus, Haley’s closing in on the season’s must-have handbag.

But when Haley finds the body of her nemesis in the trunk of Ada’s Mercedes, things aren’t so fabulous anymore. Topping the list of suspects, Haley must solve this murder quickly – and find that hot handbag – before she becomes a killer’s next fashion fatality! -Taken from the official site

From me: I loved, loved, loved this book! I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that Haley, like me, is addicted to handbags; although her tastes are a little expensive compared to mine! Shoulder Bags and Shootings is the third installment of the Haley Randolph mysteries and, even though I have not read either of the previous titles, I did not feel lost at all! I appreciated the bit of background that was given when a character popped up that was introduced in one of the previous books.

Haley reminds me of the Shopaholic series, minus the craziness, plus a mystery. I'd have to say that I like her alot better! The story was very engaging and entertaining, and it was a quick read, but fun, so it's the perfect tag-a-long for a day at the beach or outside in your hammock (wish I had one *sigh*).

I will definitely be getting the other two books (Handbags and Homicide, Purses and Poison) in this series and reading them as well as waiting impatiently for the next book in the series!

*****
I received this book in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

0 comments: