Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Baked Potato Salad

I ran across this recipe for Baked Potato Salad on Tasty Kitchen. I'm not a fan of potato salad, at all. But this stuff is worth eating all on it's own! YUM!

3 pounds Potatoes, Baked & Chilled (You can also just use the microwave)
5 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used real bacon bits)
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 Tablespoons Softened Butter
3 Tablespoons Fresh Chives, Chopped (green onions? You could probably get away with it).
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Salt

1. Once the potatoes are good and cold (I popped mine in the fridge overnight), peel and cube them. You can leave the peels on if you want, but I knew the boys would pitch a fit about it.

2. Throw everything else in with the potatoes and mix it all up!

3. You can add more salt and pepper if it's tasting bland (I did) and then refrigerate until you're ready to serve.


I actually added in some ranch dressing because it was a little too dry for my taste. It worked out well. BUT I also did not exactly measure how many potatoes I used, so that could have been the problem LOL

Either way, it was GOOD! And I will be making it alot! I didn't even thing about taking a picture for you guys until it was too late, sorry :(

3 comments:

What I Did Today said...

This is very close to the recipe I use. My husband strongly dislikes mustard and eggs so this type of potato salad is a big hit with him. And everyone else! It's like the ultimate baked potato. I like the idea of using real bacon. I'll have to try it. Yum!

Odie Langley said...

Does look yummy Alexia. Tasty Kitchen has some good stuff for sure. Have a great day.
Odie

Katie said...

I just did a recipe post too!! Mine don't look as good as the baked potato salad though!