Tuesday, August 3, 2010

WFMW: Bar Keepers Friend

Kristen's Works For Me Wednesday is all about the cleaning tips this week and I had to jump in!

I could write a very lengthy post on all the things I have used Bar Keepers Friend on and what an amazing job it does. But I'm gonna keep it short and sweet....for your sakes :)

I'm a janitor and I'm fairly certain that I've used every cleaner known to man and I cannot say enough good things about Bar Keepers; The stuff is amazing! It's the only cleaner that gets the rust stains out of my tub and toilet with minimal scrubbing and no fumes and, get this, my shower shines!

I've removed water stains from stainless steel sinks and water fountains, scrubbed my ceramic cook stove top with it and even cleaned stains out of my porcelain sink. I've yet to find a surface that Barkeeper's cannot clean!

And the stuff lasts forever! I can clean for a month or two on one containers of Bar Keepers Friend (and at $1 something...that's not bad!). The only other cleaner I keep around is a disinfectant for my counter tops and bathroom.

Bar Keepers Friend
works for me!

And it can work for you too!

I've linked up with We Are THAT Family's, Works For Me Wednesday carnival - check it out!

3 comments:

Odie Langley said...

At one point in my past I did sets in a chain of grocery stores keeping displays up to date and one was cleaners and I remember seeing Bar Keepers. Never used it but will certainly give it a try. Thanks for the tip. Hope you're having a great week.

Katie said...

I'll have to check this out! Thanks for stopping by!

Stacy @Delighting in the Days said...

Hi Alexia,
I've never used bar keepers friend. Glad to know it works so well.

Thanks for visiting my blog. You mentioned "stealing" my taco seasoning recipe and I realized I had not included the amount need for each use! The measurements on the cheat sheet are for a mix. 3 Tablespoons of that mix will be the equivalent of a 4 oz package of taco seasoning. I updated the pdf.

Hope you like it :)
Have a great day.
Stacy