Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Flicks: The Last Song













The Last Song

From the movie:
Miley Cyrus shines as the star of this heartwarming coming-of-age movie that will strike your emotional chords. Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks (Dear John, The Notebook), The Last Song follows Ronnie (Cyrus) and her estranged father as he tries to restore the loving relationship they once had. But reconnecting with his rebellious daughter isn't easy, so he chooses the one thing they still have in common - music.

This uplifting and touching drama about family, first loves and second chances is a heartfelt story you won't soon forget.


From me:
I really had a hard time getting into the movie. I'm really not a Miley Cyrus fan, I cannot emotionally connect with her characters; Miley cannot play anyone but herself and she's not so hot at showing emotion. I can't say I didn't shed tears, because I did. But I cry every time there's a dad dying - it hits way to close to home. When all is said and done, The Last Song is not on my favorites list and I doubt I'll ever watch it again. I will be reading the book though and hoping I can connect better with Nicholas Sparks.

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

I have never been much of a fan of hers either so I probably wouldn't even think about it. Ones that get me emotionally are "Pay it Forward", "A Walk to Remember", "Sleepless in Seattle", "My Girl" just name a few. I'll never tire of watching these.
Odie

Odie Langley said...

Hi Alexia, I just had to write and let you know that I have a child to write to. His name is Jackson Christopher Malya and lives in Tanzania and was born Feb. 18, 1994. He lives with his grandmother and there are 2 children in the family. I would have emailed but I am at home and your email is through my company so I don't have it here. He lives just a little west of Mt. Kilimanjaro in the Arusha region. I also found out that I can use my computer to translate into Swahili to make it easier on the translators. I will be sending the first letter out first of the week. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.
Odie