Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Games Bible













The Games Bible
by Leigh Anderson

From the book: It's the new rule book: over 300 imaginative, clever, and lively ways to stir up fun. The Games Bible captures the excitement of the correct answer, the sneaky thrill of perfecting your game face, the kick of watching your snowball thwack an opponent's back. And the sweet kismet of shouting "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" when your Pictionary partner scrawls an image of Yogi Bear. For parties, for dinners, for holidays, for a weekend away, for dorm rooms and vacation houses, The Games Bible is a comprehensive compendium celebrating the old-fashioned pleasure of pure play.

From me: This book is fantastic and I haven't even made it past the Icebreakers yet! Leigh does such a great job of clearly stating the rules and giving you examples that I have been curled up in a chair reading The Games Bible like a novel; and I've chuckled more than once at the scenes played out in my head! My teen sisters stole the book from me and are using some of the games at their upcoming lock-in with our church's youth group. They also *ahem* tackled our pastor on Sunday when he was the last one to touch his ear, of course, they didn't tell him that they were playing "Get Down, Mr. President"!

Leigh also does a fantastic job of detailing how to host a game night in your home with family and friends; and I'm totally going to have one! This is definitely one book that will not be gathering dust on my bookshelf!

Thanks to Planned Television Arts for offering me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

That book should make for a lively evening. Will have check it out.
Thanks.
Odie