Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Love, Charleston















Love, Charleston
by Beth Webb Hart

About the book: Anne, a bell-ringer at St. Michael's has been dreaming of love for a long time. And even though she felt God told her to wait, she is getting impatient. Her sister, Alisha and cousin, Della are encouraging her to move on, make a new life for herself.

Widower, Roy Summerall; a red neck preacher deep in the heart of country has just been asked to take the St. Michael's church in Charleston. Roy has unpleasant memories of his visits to Charleston as a boy and isn't sure that the superficial town is the place for him and his daughter.

Meanwhile, Alisha is struggling with her husband's ambitions that seem to be leaving her in the dust; and Della is wishing for a life that does not include an unemployed-artist husband and living paycheck to paycheck. Della's former fiance returning to Charleston definitely does not help matters one bit.

From me: Love, Charleston is not your typical cookie-cutter Christian romance novel. Yes, there's love and there's God. But there's also imperfect people, hard decisions and tough situations. I have to say that this book is right up there with some of my other favorites. And Beth writes well enough that I went in search of other novels of hers, so that's saying something :)

Thanks to Thomas Nelson for offering me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion!

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

I am sure my daughters would like her books as well and will tell them about this one.