Monday, September 20, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Cookies!

My sister was recruited (by my mom LOL) to make cookies for Friend Day at our church and she made some pretty awesome ones sooooo I stole the recipe for you :) I actually think she just did some random searches online for them, but still, I'll save ya the trouble! I was inhaling these guys!

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup unsalted butter, softened (our was def not unsalted; made no difference)
1 1/3 cups packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets.

2. Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and oats; set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in the vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients until well blended before stirring in the chocolate chips.

4. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet at least 3 inches apart. Flatten cookies to 1/2 inch thick.

5. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

With those ingredients it has to be awesome. Thanks Alexia for sharing and have a wonderful day.
Odie

Kristie said...

Oooh! I haven't had chocolate chip oatmeal in a long time! I just made cookies today, but maybe next time I make some... :-)