Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Popcorn

Okay, so I don't really have a recipe for you, but this was way to awesome not to share with you! I am a huge lover of stove-top popcorn, huge. I won't go near the microwave popcorn, nasty stuff. The problem is stove-top is tricky stuff. I have zero patience and tend to burn my popcorn and I also had the clean-up...I'm lazy. Popcorn just should not require you to wash dishes. I bought a microwave popper - it was like $20 - and it was just as much trouble really.

But theeen my friend posted a link on Facebook.

Check it: you can make popcorn that tastes just like stove-top, in the microwave, with a paper bag!

LINK

And it totally works - I made some today! It was quick, easy and the popcorn tasted fabulous!

All you do is get a brown paper bag, toss 1/4 to 1/2 cup popcorn kernels in, fold the top of the bag twice and pop it in the microwave! (pictures are at link). I had 1/2 cup of kernels in mine and it packed the bag so full that the popcorn broke through the bottom of the bag, so I'd definitely go for less.

It was awesome and yummy and clean-up was a breeze!

You have to try it!

4 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Love popcorn and will definately try it. Thanks

Nellie Dee said...

However did you know? (Must be the weather.) I've had such a craving for popcorn lately, I actually went and bought a box of the nasty microwave stuff. Thanks for sharing this. Now I will run and buy a bag old-fashioned kernals. Can't wait. Thanks. I knew I loved your blog the first time I saw it. :-)

Kristie said...

Very neat!! HUGE popcorn lover here too :-)

Angela said...

I wonder if butter could be added to the bag before popping it, or if that would just ruin it. I like buttery popcorn, cooked right in with it while it pops!!!