Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cause & Effect










Cause & Effect

Adventures in Odyssey (volume 52)

From the CD: It’s all-new Adventures in Odyssey episodes in volume 52, Cause & Effect. Join Eugene and Matthew as they investigate why the clock tower at City Hall seems to be stuck at 11:45. Could it have something to do with the anniversary of a lost love from twenty years ago? Barrett couldn’t be more excited about getting the lead role in the school play. But when his first practice is interrupted by a mysterious booming voice, Emily Jones must investigate the “phantom of the school play.” Also, perfect for the fall season, are stories on Thanksgiving (A Thankstaking Story) and Christmas (White Elephant Gift).

Adventures in Odyssey is fun and exciting audio entertainment that teaches quality character traits and ignites the imagination of all who listen. Imagine, Discover, and Grow with Adventures in Odyssey.


From me: I was so excited when I realized I was going to receive an Adventures in Odyssey audio set to review! I can still remember getting up early on Saturday morning to listen to Adventures in Odyssey on Family Life Radio; my dad would record the episodes for us on cassette tapes so we could listen to them anytime we wanted to - my brother still has a box full of all of those tapes!

I can't believe Adventures in Odyssey has already reached volume 52, do you know how many 30 minutes programs that is? A lot. Unfortunately, because I've been with them since the beginning, I was a little disappointed in this volume. Almost all of the voices were new and many of the characters I had never heard of before. It was really hard to listen to new voices on some of the main characters I remember from my childhood. Of course, there is no way around this because I know some of the people have died or moved on - it just wasn't the "homecoming" I had in mind. I let the boys listen to it, but they weren't too interested...yet.
For now my 13-year-old brother has the volume and is enjoying the stories. We'll snatch it back next time we go on a long car ride.

Even though I was a little bummed - the stories are still just as fabulous and entertaining as always and I think, for those kids who haven't grown up with the series, they will LOVE Adventures in Odyssey just as much as I did!

Thanks to Tyndale for offering me a free audio copy in exchange for my honest review.

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

What a memory you brought back this morning. I used to record them for my 3 girls as well. Loved listening to them along with the girls. I miss those days.
Odie