Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Flicks: The Way Home














The Way Home
An inspiring true story

From the movie: Dean Cain ("Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman") stars as Randy Simpkins, a husband and father torn between the demands of his job and commitment to his family. Asked by his wife Christal to watch their two-year-old son Joe for a few minutes, Randy is distracted by work and Joe disappears. Racked by guilt, Randy joins Christal in a desperate search for their missing son alongside hundreds of others from their church and community. Randy and Christal's strained marriage must now weather the ultimate test - the potential loss of a child. The Way Home is the story of Randy's powerful spiritual journey back to love, faith and a Godly understanding of what must always take first priority in a man's life - his family.

From me: Okay, so it's not a billion-dollar Hollywood movie, but it's good and I really enjoyed it....as much as you can enjoy a true story about parents who's toddler goes missing. I really connected with the characters and more than a few tears were shed throughout (Mama's be warned!). By the end of the movie I just wanted to scoop my children up and squeeze 'em 'til they screamed, I don't think I'm ever letting them out of my sight again (poor things LOL). It was also nice to know that I wasn't going to run into anything distasteful - because The Way Home is a Christian film I knew it would be safe for the boys to watch. And that's really important to me.

And guess what?! I've got a copy of The Way Home to give away as well! All you need to do to be entered is visit the movie's website, watch the trailer and tell me something good (or not - have you ever lost your kid before?? Tell me about it)!


*****The winner is Aubrey! Congratulations!*****


Don't forget to "Like" The Way Home movie on Facebook to keep up with all their latest news!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

7 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Good morning Alexia,
I am one of the softies that like ones like this and A Walk To Remember. I was touched by the churches coming together to help in the search but more for the way they shared their faith. A must see for sure. Thanks,
Odie

Kristie said...

Even the trailer made me cry! Why do we put ourselves through watching things like this!? LOL! My younger cousin (by 8 years) got lost in a corn field when he was 2 or 3...the police dog ended up finding him and I don't think it took too long. I know by the time we got there, he was already found. I couldn't imagine losing one of my kids...if I lose track of them outside-just for a split second-my stomach drops and I start to panic....mostly with Blake-he never answers when I call for him.

Aubrey said...

Oy! What are you trying to do to me this early in the day?? Looks like a great movie. I can't wait to see more than the clip.

I have never been officially lost, but when I was about 6, my cousin and I got locked inside a mausoleum (Those big buildings at cemeteries that serve as crypts.) Yep, just my cousin, me and 100 dead people. It seemed like it took hours before our family realized we were stuck in there!

Aubrey Malcolm said...

Also, I am computer illiterate, so I don't know how to leave a comment with the link to my FB account, but I did add your giveaway as my new status update! Thanks!

grams said...

I lost Lace once at a flea market. Just turned around and she was gone. It was also starting to storm, with the wind blowing and the sky turning dark. So we went running all over and finally found her. She was more scared then we were.

grams said...

Oh, I forgot, we lost Nate once too. Ended up having to call the police. He was just up the street visiting with the neighbor. Enough to drive us crazy. LOL

Aubrey said...

Yay!! Thanks so much, Allie! I can't wait to bawl my eyes out during this flick.