Monday, October 25, 2010

John 4:23-24

"It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself - Spirit. Those who worship must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration."

John 4:23-24 (the message)

These verses that keep popping up every Monday are the ones that stood out to me in my pastor's sermon :) He was preaching on worship yesterday night; I've always struggled with worship - not knowing what to say or do - not doing or saying what "everyone else" is....I think this verse is so encouraging and challening at them same time. BE YOURSELF, but that last line, oh my, it's gotta be ALL of you. That chorus that starts out "this is the air I breathe" it's not a joke. He really does have to be the air you breathe. I'm not there yet, but I want to be. Desperate for Him. What about you?

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

That is a wonderful chorus and one I love to sing. Jonathan Falwell was preaching at 7:30 yesterday about worship and how it is a 24/7 and not a one hour affair. We need to always be in an attitude of worship and that can be simply by being careful where we go, what we watch on TV, what we read, etc.
Simple but so hard to stay focused in this crazy world we live in.
Odie