Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Today's my birthday! (I'm 25, not that it makes much of a difference to me, I've already mistakenly been putting 25 as my age for a half a year now - whoops! LOL)

There is much excitement because my Mom and I (who's birthday is on the 30th) have successfully pulled off what we affectionately call "The Great Escape".

Once a year, no matter what, we scrape a few dollars together and rent a hotel room for one or two nights (two this year) and hide away from all of the children (don't worry, we hire babysitters - our homes are not empty, thieves!) and work and stress. We cash in all our free birthday meal coupons and watch cable tv and eat all the junk food we want. It's truly glorious.

Unfortunately for you, I may not be heard from until Wednesday morning.

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Happy Birthday and I hope you both have the most wonderful time. Everyone deserves a little away time. I'll be waiting to hear all the fun details when you get back.
Odie

Kristie said...

I hope you had fun! Sounds like an awesome getaway! LOVE the name of it too! :-)