Monday, November 1, 2010

James 2:14

"Dear brothers and sisters, what's the use of saying you have faith if you don't prove it by your actions? That kind of faith can't save anyone."

James 2:14 (NLT)


My pastor is amazing and all of his sermons are so challenging. I really wish I could just post them here every Monday for you (CD's are available if you're that interested). This verse was basically the end of his sermon encouraging us to seize the moment, quit getting sidelined by our fears/what people think of us and take that next step that God is asking us too.

This verse hits a little close to home since I really don't prove my faith very often with my actions. Which sounds horrible as I'm typing it out, but true. I've made myself comfortable on the sidelines and to be honest, as hard as it is to change...I want to. I want a different life. One that's not mine.

What about you?

Do your action prove your faith? How?

What is that next step God is calling you to take? Why haven't you taken it yet?

3 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Ouch!! My toes hurt girl. You see I know all the right things from studying and hearing awesome sermons but it is also hard for me to speak out to especially a stranger about my love for God and what He has done in my life. I know it shouldn't be so hard but it is and it bothers me. I have long drives to and from work so if you could email me an address and the cost of the CD I would be happy to send the money and listen to it. Does the church have a web site where I could just go and order it? Let me know and thanks for taking one of the steps.
Odie

Amanda said...

Ugh. I needed that!!! Thanks for this... you are a blessing!

Amanda

Kristie said...

I feel the same as you. Each Sunday I come home from church thinking I'm going to work harder at following God, reading my Bible, etc, and the next Sunday comes along and I haven't done ANYTHING. It's definitely something that I have to make a point to carve out time each day for God and then be sure to spend the rest of the following Him and letting His light shine through me! :-)

Does your church have a website? Didn't know if putting the sermons online might be an option in the future?