Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

There are so many opportunities to reach out during the Christmas season. One way is through Operation Christmas Child. Fill a shoebox with books, toys, candy etc. and send it off to a child who wouldn't have Christmas without you. This is not a long-term commitment. It's one shoebox.

You may not think it makes a difference, but it does. Please watch this video to see how one box changed the life of a little girl in Bosnia, forever.

I cried. I never realized how truly powerful these little shoe boxes were.



It's not to late to fill a shoe box! National Collection Week is November 15-22. Please visit this link for instructions on how to pack and label your shoebox and then click here to find a drop off location near you.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for the information. We will do a couple of boxes this year.

Odie Langley said...

That was such a touching video and I hope everyone gets involved. I just sent a large box to an orphanage in Russia trying to help one of my blog friends over there. Hopefully it will make a difference too. Have a wonderful day.
Odie

Kristie said...

Wow! That is awesome! I think it's neat that you posted this today...I just dropped our shoeboxes off at the church this morning! :-)