Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweetie















Sweetie
by Kathryn Magendie

From the book: For shy, stuttering Melissa, the wild mountain girl named Sweetie was a symbol of pride and strength. But to many in their 1970's Appalachian town, Sweetie was an outcast, a sinister force, or worse. A Southern novel in the classic tradition.

From me: There has always been something about a novel, written where kids roam free and have only their imaginations as entertainment, that catches my attention. Sweetie is one of those novels. I spent all 200 pages roaming the mountain-side and listening in on the joys, sadness and challenges of life as a pre-teen girl. Nothing about this book made me not want to read it.

Thanks to Belle Books for offering me a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

You got my attention girl. Thanks.