Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Quotes

I wanted to leave you with a couple quotes that I borrowed from a fellow blogger's post (she borrowed them from someone else as well LOL). They really spoke to me. The second one is wall-worthy, I think.

"One thing that is important to know about the ancient world is that EVERYTHING was credited to God. So if something good happened you praised God; if something bad happened you trusted God. It's interesting to watch Ushpizin (a phenomenal Jewish movie about Sukkot made in Israel ). At one point the Rabbi is asked how he's been and he says, "Terrible, Blessed be He." I do think there is peace to be found in trusting that no matter what happens to us, God is in control. That doesn't have to mean that He does things to us; rather, I believe it means He allows things when He knows we're ready to learn from it."


"Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have."

3 comments:

Odie Langley said...

I like that a lot Alexia. Have a wonderful week.
Odie

Angela said...

I like that second one so much, I think I am going to post it on Facebook. No one reads my blogs. :-(

Kristie said...

I love the quote about contentment-it's something that I've been trying to focus on more lately :-)