Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Pork Chops and Zucchini

These pork chops are sooo tender and yummy - and they take practically no work! They are, quite seriously, the best pork chops I have ever eaten! And it's all thanks to Smithfield.com. Since I followed their recipe to a T, I don't feel right about copying it here, so click here to get the Slow Cooker Zesty Pork Chops recipe.

AND

We attempted roasting zucchini along with the pork chops and it was super easy and yummy! I've tried it a number of ways and temps since the initial roasting and they've all turned out LOL

All you need is:

Zucchini; each cut lengthwise twice, and then cut in half across the middle
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

You can add any other seasonings that you think would taste good, but I have always been a minimalist when it comes to seasonings and veggies, that or I'm too lazy LOL

Set your oven to 450

Cover your zucchini in the olive oil and salt and pepper - whatever method works for you. I've tossed it all together in a bowl and also just drizzled and sprinkled everything onto the zucchini after they were on the cookie sheet.

Place the zucchini, skin down on a cookie sheet and place on the top rack in the oven.

Bake until zucchini is beginning to brown and then you're done!

I don't know exact times - but I don't think I've ever gone over 15 minutes with the zucchini. But do keep a close eye on it because it can dry out and burn real quick!

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Will be trying it soon. I love using my crock pot. Linda cooked some navy beans in it last night while we were sleeping.
Hope you are having a great week.
Odie