Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011!

Last year was the first year that I actually set "resolutions" for myself and attempted to follow them. I had the best of intentions and a great idea, but I'm sure you all know how that turned out, whether you were following my blog or not!

What I've slowly come to realize is, despite the fact that I love organizing, making lists and packing the night before an outing, I'm not a Schedule girl or a Goals girl.

I'm a Fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants girl. A Take-the-moment-as-it-comes girl.

Surprisingly, I thrive in the moment. On going wherever the wind blows. On waiting until the very last minute to complete...everything!

It really surprised me to learn this about myself. Mainly because I've been told, and it tends to be true, that I'm not flexible. I like to do what I like to do and don't change my plans on me because I turn into a hibernating bear that you just woke up with clanging pans.

So, in the spirit of resolutions AND me, I'm making two, only two, completely accomplishable (which, apparently, isn't a word) goals.

1. To be me and revel in it. I am unique and odd and sometimes I don't even get myself, but God made me this way and darn it, it's time to quit worrying about which "mommy-type" I fit with and start making sure I fit with God.

2. To open up to the One who made me and go wherever HIS wind blows. It's time to shred that box that I've been so comfortable in and have a real relationship with Jesus. Which means...I have no.clue what is going to happen. It terrifies me and excites me all at once!

I'm taking one day at a time...it's gonna be interesting!

"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible."
–Cadet Maxim

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Wonderful goals girl and I know you can accomplish both of them. Hope you & the boys have a great weekend.
Odie