Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Gift Of Love













The Gift of Love
From See The Light

From the DVD: The Christmas Story, artfully brought to life through the captivating expressions of chalk-art, music and drama (10 minutes). Art Lessons! Heidi Shorts teaches on the art of creative lettering. Pat Knepley leads budding young artists in a step-by-step drawing lesson using colored pencils. Plus, create your own black light reveal! Gloria Kohlman gives a tutorial on on chalk-art techniques (a sketch to download is available at See the Light). Plus bonus features!
-Taken from the back of the DVD

From me: I liked the simple way the birth of Jesus was told while watching a chalk drawing be created. The boys enjoyed it as well and had me repeat it quite a few times. It IS short though. No more than 5-10 minutes. So if you're buying this DVD just for the story, I don't think it's worth it. However, the main appeal of this DVD is the fact that there are three art lessons included; creative lettering, drawing animals on a Christmas card and how to create a portrait of Mary with chalk. These lessons are geared toward elementary children and, while I'm not an artist by any means, I thought they were pretty great!

If you visit the See the Light website, there is an online art club as well as print outs that go along with the many DVD's offered. I can see this being a great resource for homeschooling families!

Not only did I receive a DVD of The Gift of Love to review, I received one to give away as well! All you need to do to be entered is to check out See The Light's website and tell me what you think!

Odie - you're the winner - Congrats!

Don't forget to "Like" See The Light on Facebook to keep up with all their latest news!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

4 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Wow Alexia I really had fun watching that lady teaching the children how to do the chalk art picture. It was almost like watching my favorite Bob Ross doing his 30 minute paintings. There is really a lot of valuable stuff on that site. I saved it to my favorites so I can go back to it. Thanks.
Odie

Aubrey said...

Caedren and I have always been captivated by chalk art. I actually bookmarked their page, so I can go back and show Caedren when she wakes up. Thanks for sharing another great product!

OctoberRain said...

This looks great! Probably a bit advanced for the boys, but JD keeps surprising me so maybe he will pick up on one of the art projects lol. Of course it would be good just to introduce different art concepts and then down the road they will be able to do them.

This DVD is a very creative way to tell about Jesus :) I like it!

Kristie said...

This looks like such a neat and beautiful way to watch the Christmas Story! Although I'm sure the artwork is a bit advanced for my kiddos, I could see Morgan, especially, really being interested in watching the tutorials.