Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Help Me.

Since starting the new job I'm back to a late night schedule, but my boys are still on an early morning schedule, which starts with numerous demands for food. I just don't have the energy to pull out pots and pans to make them something at 8 in the morning. I also refuse to feed them pop-tarts or cold cereal because it's pure crap (and lasts all of two seconds).

Anyone have some good breakfast recipes that you can make, store and serve the next day? they be things I can reheat or just cold, but I need something that I can do with eyes half open!

I thank you in advance for any ideas!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I've tried a couple recipes that, although my kiddos won't eat, I think they're pretty good! Actually any breakfast casseroles reheat really well (Rich and I actually like them better reheated.)

Scrambled Egg Muffins: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Scrambled-Egg-Muffins/Detail.aspx
(I made this one because I thought it would be quick for Rich in the mornings...he never remembered! LOL!)

Breakfast Sausage Casserole:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Breakfast-Sausage-Casserole-2/Detail.aspx
(not the exact one I do but very close)

Either of these can be made with 1 lb bacon too and turn out good :-)

Hope these help! :-)

Odie Langley said...

I'll get you some too and email it.

Kimm said...

Make up a batch of pancakes, layer them with waxed paper and stick them in a freezer. Pop them in your toaster like a an Eggo waffle. I am not a morning person, but Emma gets pancakes almost everyday before school. You could do the same thing with waffles. Mini muffins are my other go to breakfast food. :) I keep hearing raves about crockpot oatmeal as well.

Aubrey said...

http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/recipes-2/bread-and-breakfast-2

She has wonderful, delicious, healthy recipes. (Although, I generally exchange whatever natural sweetener she uses for regular or brown sugar since I don't keep the other stuff on hand.) She has lots of healthy muffins and things.

OctoberRain said...

yogurt?

fruit..you could do a fruit salad in a bowl and let them have at each morning.

cottage cheese if they'll eat it. I used to mix fruit in mine as a kid.

Pancakes are easy to reheat.