Sunday, February 20, 2011

Radical














Radical
by David Platt

From the book: What is Jesus worth to you?

Do you believe that Jesus is worth abandoning everything for?

In Radical, David Platt invites you to encounter what Jesus actually said about being his disciple, and then obey what you have heard. He challenges you to consider with an open heart how we have manipulated a God-centered gospel to fit our human-centered preferences. With passionate storytelling and convicting biblical analysis, Platt calls into question a host of comfortable notions that are common among Christ's followers today. Then he proposes a radical response: live the gospel in ways that are true, filled with promise, and ultimately world changing. -Taken from the site



From me: I feel I should start this review with a disclaimer: Don't start reading this book unless you're ready for a radical change to your American way of living. The crazy thing is, as Shaun Groves pointed out, If you're a christian this is not a radical lifestyle. It's normal. The problem is, we have become so used to living our abnormal, Pharisaical lifestyles (yes, even me. So much me), that books like David Platt's are out there, extreme. I was so convicted. I was in tears. If you're sick of putting God in a box, Radical is for you. If you're sick of the American Dream, Radical is for you. If you're sick of living your life in a "white-washed tomb", Radical. Is for you.

Buy it.

If you follow the Radical link posted above, you can sign up to receive the first chapter of Radical by e-mail.

Thanks to Blogging for Books for offering me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

You convinced me, I'll check it out.

Kristie said...

I definitely need to read this!