Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday 2/3

Yes, my friends, the internet is BACK!!! And, of course, 2 days after our 21-day fast ended.

Our entire family participated, in some form, with the fast and I told them that the internet was going to be down until after the fast. Despite the fact that the internet is ALL of our main addictions - no one gave it up for the fast, God really has a sense of humor Hehe.

God knew what he was doing though. I am not nearly as concerned with the internet life as I was and I've really been getting back into my quiet times with God and reading. He's brought some very spiritually challenging books into my life this month (I will be posting reviews, if you're curious). I do believe my life will be taking some drastic turns this year and I'm excited about it, but it's a little nerve-wracking for a hermit who likes to know what's going to happen before it happens.

I am also so thankful that the contract my cleaning company lost last year has been given back to us! God has his name written all over this awesome blessing and not only am I thankful that my income will be going back up to breathable range, but that I was able to share this answered prayer with my boss! I cried when I got the phone call that this company wanted us back ASAP, because it was an impossibility. It's hard to fight decreasing budgets, but God did it!

I may or may not be going back to regular postings, but I'll be posting and I'm excited to be back - I miss checking in with you guys!

4 comments:

Jaime @ Our Journey said...

Congratulations on getting the contract back ... that is FANTASTIC news!

Thanks for all your comments ... they always make me smile. :o)

jenn said...

Glad you're back. And I always love hearing about good books. My "to read" list gets bigger and bigger all the time.

Odie Langley said...

Welcome back Ali, I have been missing you girl. It is really great that there will be more work for you so the income will increase. God knows just when to make things happen. He is soooo good to us. You should check out my daughters blob that she just started. http://puppykisses828.blogspot.com especially the one where she gives the history of where all her animals came from. Take care & know you were missed.
Odie

Kristie said...

Yay on the internet and the job!!! Very cool! Had to go back and read about the fast you did (don't know how I had missed that post) and I think that is amazing! I want to do that for lent! Just have to get Rich 100% on board :-) I'm actually excited about the idea...I think it'll be an awesome time to strengthen my relationship with God and really let Him work in my life. Totally love the idea! I've been wanting to read Christian books too-not sure where the urge came from, but I think I better go with it! ;-) (Would love to hear you opinion on where to start if you have an idea or 2!)