Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's your Love Language?

Knowing your love language, and the languages of your loved ones is super helpful.

There are five:

  • Words of Affirmation
  • Quality Time
  • Receiving Gifts
  • Acts of Service
  • Physical Touch

I grew up with a fantastic mom who learned all this stuff and taught it to us. I believe that it made her parenting better, because she could identify what spoke love to each of us children and she made sure to "fill our tanks" with the right kind.

If you're married it solves a lot of problems as well. You could be bringing your wife flowers every day, but if her love language is physical touch...you're wasting your money.

So, here's the link to an assessment that will tell you what your love language is. Take it then come back and tell me (I'm nosy like that). They have tests for wives, husbands, singles, teens and children. They also have an assessment for your language of apology, which I didn't know about and I'm off to take it now!

Oh, and my love language is Quality Time. With physical touch coming in dead last. Anyone who knows me should know that though Hehe.

4 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Mine was quality time too.

Angela said...

I got Physical Touch scoring 12! Receiving Gifts scored 1 in last place!

Kristie said...

Words of Affirmation and Quality Time were my top two! Receiving gifts was last with 0. Going to go read about what it means now :-)

Aubrey said...

Acts of Service- 10
Receiving Gifts-8
Quality Time- 7
Words of Affirmation- 4
Physical Touch- 1

When I took the assessment in the book, Receiving Gifts was my highest. I think my results were a little skewed because they kept refering to "the gifts your husband gives". Well, Dan doesn't really see receiving gifts as a legitimate love language, so I don't receive as many gifts as I would prefer. ;) However, he more than makes up for than with his acts of service. The man does more housework than I do and I am a stay-at-home mom!