Friday, March 25, 2011

Bound by Guilt











Bound by Guilt

by C.J. Darlington

From the book: Roxi Gold is a throwaway, shuttled from one foster home to another for most of her life. She longs for a family and will do anything to fit in - even if it's against the law. Soon she's traveling the country stealing rare books from unsuspecting bookstores, until a first edition of The Great Gatsby catches up with her.

Police officer Abby Dawson has seen the worst of society, and not just at work. The job she once loved has become a chore, the world isn't any safer, and there's no joy in her life. One fateful night a man's innocent blood changes both Roxi's and Abby's lives forever. Once searches for justice; the other finds herself on the run. Will the power of forgiveness set them free, or will they both remain bound by guilt?

Read the first chapter of Bound by Guilt here!

From me: I thought Bound by Guilt was a great novel! It's one of those books where you're willing to stay up through the night to finish it! While there is a previous book in this series, Thicker than Blood, each novel stands alone and you really can't tell what you missed. C.J.'s writing is great and I'll be looking to read her previous novel as well as any others that she writes!

Thanks to TitleTrakk for offering me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!

2 comments:

C.J. Darlington said...

Thanks so much for your post. I really appreciate it!

Kristie said...

Sounds like a neat one! I had to take a break from reading after finishing the book I won from you in 3 days (that's quick for me)...that was way more addicting than TV!! LOL!