Thursday, March 10, 2011

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails


I am so grateful for a dog who endures the endless tortures of living with boys.

Yes, poor Missy is indeed under that laundry basket that Noah has planted himself on.

We really hit the jackpot with her.

Missy has never once growled at the boys or bitten them, even when they reach underneath her nose to take her bones or food.

It's amazing...since I bite when the boys take my food, Hehe.

I found her in a posting on Craigslist. She was going to be sent back to the shelter because her owners could not keep her. I drove over an hour away to pick her up and we were greeted with a grin and jumping (neither of which we've managed to break her of) and she's managed to plant herself in our hearts.

It was the best spur-of-the-moment decision I ever made!

5 comments:

Jaime @ Our Journey said...

A "saved" dog is the best dog! I REALLY laughed at the photo ... what a good little doggie! :o) Oh, I growl at my hubby and kiddo when they try to take my food too ... especially chocolate.

Aer Conditionat said...

That sounds like a nice story. It’s great that Missy never bitten the kids. My dog sometimes bites me when I play with him, but I can’t seem to teach him out of it. I guess you were lucky with Missy.

Odie Langley said...

Missy is really a special gift to your family. I know from living with Rocky that they add so very much to a home.

Kristie said...

That's awesome to find a dog that has such patience with little ones. We've been lucky with ours too...in that way anyway...he likes to push my buttons though-LOL!

*So-thought it was kinda neat that my word verification is 'dogines'....it has 'dog' in it :-)

lace said...

Loved the photo. I used to put dresses on my cat when I was little. He hated it.