Friday, April 1, 2011

Amazing Crayon Drawings













Amazing Crayon Drawing With Lee Hammond
Create Lifelike Portraits, Pets, Landscapes and More
By Lee Hammond


From the Book:
Your old childhood coloring friends are all grown up! In this unique book, best-selling artist Lee Hammond proves that crayons are not just for kids anymore but can hold their own as a "serious" (if unexpected) art medium. Use Hammond's easy methods to create striking drawings that feature brilliant color and incredibly lifelike texture.

  • 29 step-by-step demonstrations cover a wide range of subjects -- still life, landscapes, animals and people
  • Simple blending, layering and burnishing techniques translate into remarkable realistic drawings
  • Hammond's graphing and "puzzle piece" theories help you draw any subject with true-to-life results
  • Features great tricks you can pass along to crayon lovers in your life, regardless of age
You simply won't believe what you can accomplish with this familiar and affordable medium. Rediscover the creative thrill of opening the "big box," and infuse your art with a fresh sense of play.

Check out this video to see some of the drawings:


From me: I'm no artist, so I was going to pass when this book was offered to me; but the fact that all Lee requires for these drawings was a plain 'ol box of crayons was crazy and I had to see it done. I received the book and, after scanning through it, passed it on to my sister (who loves to draw and does it well) and told her to tell me what she thought. She liked it! And judging by the drawings she was turning out, the instructions were great. I was impressed that simple crayons could make such great pictures!

Here's what she had to say about the book: "I thought the book was very interesting. The directions were easy to follow, not necessarily easy to do, but easy to follow. It was really cool when the ones I actually did good turned out looking really cool. It's a lot of fun to actually make artwork with crayons."

I think this is a great book for the budding artist who's parents are not quite ready to invest in all the fancy drawing materials. A Sketch book, large box of crayons and a crayon sharpener are really all you'll need!

Thanks to FSB Associates for offering me a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

I love watching talent and what can be accomplished but I have a hard time duplicating what they do. I just get frustrated and usually quit.

Kristie said...

I couldn't imagine making something as beautiful as those pictures from crayons. Very neat!