Thursday, April 7, 2011

Driftwood Cottage













Driftwood Cottage
Book #5 in the Chesapeake Shores series
by Sherryl Woods

From the book: Single mom Heather Donovan's dreams of home and family are tantalizingly within reach when she settles in Chesapeake Shores. The welcoming arms of the boisterous, loving O'Brien clan embrace her and her son. But accepting their support seems to further alienate her son's father, Conner O'Brien. His parents' divorce and his career as a high-powered attorney have left him jaded about marriage.

Then everything changes. Will the possibility of a future without Heather make Conner look at love and his career differently? Heather's just about given up on her old dreams - of love, of family and especially of Driftwood Cottage, the home she secretly wishes were hers. It's going to take a lot of persuasion - and some help from the O'Brien family - to make Heather believe that some dreams are worth fighting for.

From me:
I've never read a novel by Sherryl Woods before and was not even aware that I was reading the 5th book in this series and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! Driftwood Cottage is a stand-alone novel and the level of emotion and character development, for a romance novel, was amazing. It was one of the few books - this year - that I hated to put down because it was such a fantastic storyline. I have already requested the previous four books from good 'ol Bookmooch and am excitedly awaiting their arrival!

Thanks to Planned Television Arts for offering me a free copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

1 comments:

Kristie said...

You've been getting a lot of books for review! Very neat! Sounds like another good one :-)