Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fresh Corn and Avocado Salsa

I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman, who makes fantastic food. Although I tweaked it a bit. And am still tweaking it to fit my personal preferences. I'm sure you'll do the same :)










(Ignore the blurriness, I took it with my phone)


-3-4 ears of fresh corn, cut off of the cob.
-1/2 red onion, diced.
-1 green pepper, diced.
-Several not-yet-ripe avocados. They need to give a little when you squeeze them, but not by much otherwise you can't dice them!
-Lime, sliced in half. (I used lime juice from a bottle, meh)
-Salt, to taste
-Jalapeno, finely diced.
-1 either bell or red chili, finely diced (I didn't use these because they were too darn expensive!)
-Fresh Cilantro, sliced.
-Apple Cider Vinegar, to taste.
-Sugar, to taste.

Mix everything up in a bowl!
Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours.
Serve with chips or as a garnish to...anything!

My Notes:
The lime juice is mainly used to keep the avocado from browning. Sprinkle it over your diced avocados and also into your salsa.

Cilantro is a STRONG flavor when used fresh. It can overpower your salsa! Start small and add more to taste!

The more avocado the better. I only used one, and it was a boring mixture.

Since I only used one jalapeno and no red chili peppers, it was a bland little mix I had going on so I grabbed some red pepper (seasoning) and tossed some of that in my salsa as well as some pepper. It helped a lot!

If you like the recipe, just like it is, head over and print off a recipe card!

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Looks like a great one and I am good for tweaking recipes too.

Kristie said...

Yum! Might have to try this one this summer with some fresh veggies from the garden!! :-)