Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Will Praise You

"At the age of 12—a time when most young girls are just beginning idyllic dreams of ‘what I want to be’—a young Australian girl prayed a simple prayer. 'God, I give you my gifts. Use my life to make a difference and change the world.'"
-taken from RSJ'S website

I grew up listening to Rebecca St. James. I've always loved her distinctive voice and the songs that she sang. They were different. They stood out. Also, I tend to adhere myself to people who's lives speak to me and hers did. I used to receive Focus on the Family's Clubhouse (for children) and Brio (for teen girls) magazines and one of them featured a story on her. I think that's when I truly fell in love with her. She was young in the article, still a teen, just getting started and all I remember is the many pictures of her parents and siblings (there were a lot of them, more then six! Less than the Duggers Hehe) and how they all went on tour with her. They were her back-up singers and tech people and support system. And she loved them all so much. Being the oldest of six kids myself it was really cool to see a large family that loved and worked together.

I've been listening to her music ever since! (You can listen too! Click here!)













Rebecca has a new CD out and it's all worship! I'm in love with it! Her distinctive voice is back, the music is amazing and the words speak to me. I have a feeling she's gonna be on repeat for days over here.

You can listen to a sample of her songs here.
Visit her on Facebook.
Or visit her website.

I have a copy of Rebecca St. James new worship CD, I Will Praise You to give away!

Congratulations Odie - you won! :)

Thanks to Propeller for offering me a free copy of this CD in exchange for my honest review!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I enjoy hearing her music too! It seems like I don't hear it much anymore unless I listen to some old WOW Cd's.

I used to get Brio too! And the kiddos are going to be getting Clubhouse Jr. (I won a year's subscription...still addicted to giveaways-lol!)

Angela said...

I always loved listening to her as a teenager!!!! This cd sounds amazing, I love her songs!!! It would be nice to have her cd!

Odie Langley said...

Talented lady.