Tuesday, May 10, 2011

When I have THOSE days

I'm sitting in my car.

Parked in front of the gym, watching everyone working out.

Take a sip of my iced Caramel Mocha from Biggby.

Check my phone.

Just a couple of minutes left until it's time to clean.

The breather between cleaning jobs has been nice.

Today was one of those days.

lazy day, spent a good chunk of time trying to figure out the assembly instructions for my new stationary bike.

Completely losing track of time and dashing around to get ready for work.

No clean clothes.

Is my hair gonna dry enough for me to straighten it?!

Leaving my house completely destroyed.

More than a little frustrated.

*sigh* This is one of those days where I would love to just stay home.

Check my phone again.

Time to go.

Grab my purse in one hand and open the car door with the other.

Knock over my coffee.

I right it, but not quick enough and my frustration grows as I feel the cold coffee soaking into my right pant leg and butt.

Thankfully I left a sweatshirt in the car so I grab it and shove it between me and the seat real quick. It soaks up enough, but I'm feeling wet and there's definitely going to be a coffee stain.

Ugh.

Now I REALLY want to go home.

But instead I paste on a smile, grab the coffee left in my cup and my purse and head into work.

It's days like these that tend to de-rail me.

I don't like it when things don't go my way and I'm a glass half-empty kind of girl.

But that's no good.

Not only does it effect my children, but what kind of a Jesus Follower am I if I let something so small affect me so drastically?

I've been working on finding the positives in my negative situations.

Making lemonade with my lemons.

Most of the time I complain first and find my positives after.

I'm working on it.

While I'm vacuuming at the gym, I start my list:

1. Good thing that sweatshirt was left in my car.
2.My shirt is long enough to cover the stain.
3. I'm at work. Cleaning. And I get all sweaty and gross anyways.
4. These are my least favorite pair of jeans.
5. SO GLAD the whole cup of coffee didn't spill!
6. I get to go home after this!

My mood lightens and I laugh about the slightly sticky right side of my body.

I challenge you to take the "Lemonade" challenge. Take your day full of lemons and find those little granules of sugar that can make life sweet. Even if it didn't start that way.

2 comments:

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Hi, Alexia. (what a lovely name!) You're speaking my language in this post. You've gotta make lemonade out of lemons and learn to bloom wherever you're planted if you want to keep your sanity.

Visited your blog because of a recommendation from Odie, whose blog I just visited for the first time today, too. (Too many blogs, too little time!!!!!)

Take care. And take heart ... your son will surely pee in the potty before he starts dating.

Kristie said...

I'm the same way when the days just don't seem to be going the way I'd like. It definitely helps to have a better attitude and find the positive in everything. :-)