Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fresh Air Fund

I don't have tons of time to write a fancy post for this because my cleaning company picked up a new client this week and it's a warehouse and it's huge and I've been working morning and night - literally - to get it going. BUT I wanted to share this really neat organization!



It's called the Fresh Air Fund and the Fresh Air Fund's Volunteer Host Family program, called Friendly Town, gave close to 5,000 New York City boys and girls, ages six to 18, free summer experiences in the country and the suburbs. Volunteer host families shared their friendship and homes up to two weeks or more in 13 Northeastern states from Virginia to Maine and Canada.

They are looking for host families for this summer, so if you have a spare bedroom and are willing to show an inner-city child a good, country time ;) sign up! Click here to read more about the fresh air fund, and to learn how to sign up.

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Am I too old to get a sponser? Just thinking. Seems a great program.

Kristie said...

I looked into hosting when I first heard about them, but they don't come to Michigan...at least not yet. Such a neat idea!! :-)