Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sue Ellen's Girl Ain't Fat













Sue Ellen's Girl Ain't Fat, She Just Weighs Heavy

by Shellie Rushing Tomlinson


From the book: The bestselling author of Suck Your Stomach In & Put Some Color On! returns with more helpful how-to's and keen observations from Dixie.

Guided by principles form the ancient Belle Doctrine, the host of radio and television's All Things Southern offers down-home advice one everything from health and fitness-managing thy caloric calculations without going Straight Running Crazy and surviving the Raging Inferno Syndrome (aka hot flashes) - to the Southern art of handling your man (Bubba Whispering). Whether giving business tips or debunking the Big Boned Theory, making political observations or celebrating the inevitable resurgence of big hair, Shellie is an adviser women can relate to and laugh with regardless of their age or which side of the Mason-Dixon they call home.


From me: Well, I don't know how it happened, obviously I don't pay attention, because I thought I was getting a fiction book to review and it turned out to be a non-fiction *kinda* self-help book. My worst enemy. Not because they suck, but because I get bored with them quickly and rarely make it through to the end. SO take my comments with a grain of salt!

If you're from the South or have friends in the South...and you're a woman....you'll probably like this book. If you don't, you may not appreciate much of the book. I'm right on the edge. Shellie is an entertaining read, but really, it shouldn't be called a read. It was more like a late night chat with a girlfriend because she's all over the place - just like we women are when we chat. Which is a good thing - for us(not sure the men appreciate it LOL) And even though she's in the self-help section, it's really not. ALSO, there are recipes. Lots and lots of recipes, which is awesome. I love a book that comes with recipes!


"Join Shellie and the gang on June 2nd at 5:00 PM PST (6MST, 7CST, 8EST) for a southern style shin-dig! She'll be dishing on Bubba Whispering, debunking the Big Boned Theory, and how to mange going Straight Running Crazy. If you don't know what any of that is, then be sure to pick up a copy of the book (not necessary to join the fun! Who knows - you might win a copy!) and join us at 5:00 pm on June 2nd at Shellie's Facebook page. And tell your friends - she's giving away copies of her books and some great gift certificates."

Thanks to Litfuse for offering me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion!

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

A new experience for you in book reports my friend.

Shellie Tomlinson said...

Hi! I appreciate your even-handed review on my book without being snarky about what you didn't like! :)) Thank you.