Friday, July 1, 2011

Nick of Time














Nick of Time
by Tim Downs

From the book: Forensic entomologist Nick Polchak lives in a world of maggots and blow flies and decomposing bodies. No wonder he's still single.

But Nick has finally found a woman as strange as he is - dog trainer Alena Savard, a woman who is odd, reclusive, and can seemingly talk to animals. It was a match made in heaven.

Nick and Alena are scheduled to be married on Saturday - but there's one small problem. Nick has disappeared.

Caught up in a murder case involving an old friend, Nick finds himself on a manhunt that's drawing him farther and farther from the church where Alena is waiting. But will he make it back in time? Could Nick's single-minded focus cause him to forget his own wedding? Is he really pursuing a killer, or is he running away from something else?


From me: Despite this being the sixth book in the series (I have not read any of the others), I had no problems understanding who people were and what was going on; which is absolutely amazing to me. And I really enjoyed the story, especially the end, which completely threw me. It was not what I was expecting at.all! But I loved every minute I spent reading about Nick and Alena and I'll definitely be going back to the previous books to catch up on everything I missed!

Thanks to Book Sneeze for offering me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Good report Ali. Hope you and the boys have a fabulous 4th of July weekend. Linda & I will be leaving in a little while for the Celebrity Dairy and time for playing with the goats and just relaxing. Take care & I will be catching up with you again soon.