Monday, August 22, 2011

The New (old) Man in my Life

I did the craziest thing I have ever done in my entire life on Tuesday.

I dropped my entire life (It took about twenty minutes for those that are curious) and drove to Arkansas to be with a guy during surgery that I had not seen in TEN years.
I spent three days sitting with him through his surgery, staying up late chatting and cleaning his house (because that's what janitors do in their time off) and in that span of time we both came to the realization that we pretty much can't live without each other.
So we are currently, officially (because we posted it on Facebook, and everyone knows that makes it official) in a relationship.

TEN YEARS ago, we dated. And broke up.
TWO WEEKS ago he asked to be my friend on Facebook and I said yes.

THIRTEEN DAYS ago we exchanged phone numbers and haven't stopped talking and texting each other since.

FIVE DAYS ago I drove down to Arkansas to be with him during surgery (he cut open his hand while working with sheet metal).
RIGHT NOW we both readily admit that we never stopped loving each other and we are amazed that God has brought us back together after so many years apart.
Our families are thrilled.

My children are thrilled.

And I couldn't wait a minute longer to introduce him to you, my friends.

This is Jered. My new (old) man!


(He doesn't read my blog...yet, so feel free to tell me how hot he is, hehe)


4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I LOVE love! I am thrilled for you! Prayers for a speedy & full recovery for Jered. And a FAST move back north, too. ;) P.S.- Can I plan the shower? hahaha

Kristie said...

Aww!! You two are cute together! What a story too! You hear stories of long lost love coming back together years later and it's just too cool it's happening for the 2 of you. I'm so happy for you!! :-)

OctoberRain said...

Very exciting!!!! Glad you 2 could reconnect :)

Tami said...

Wow! That's quite a story. I'm glad you could reconnect. Are you still talking a lot?