Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Get In, I'm Driving














I've had Ginny Owens new CD, Get In, I'm Driving on repeat since I received it in the mail. I love her music! She's another artist I grew up with and loved. I don't have a great voice, and I loved that Ginny didn't do anything weird with her vocals so I could sing along LOL But her music also spoke to me. She sang about things I felt.

A little bit about Ginny: Born and raised in Jackson, Miss., Owens was discovering melodies on the piano almost before she could complete a sentence. Songs began to emerge from her fingers as the vision began to leave her eyes and by the age of three. A degenerative eye condition left Owens completely blind. Despite her physical challenge, Owens pursued a music career. Songs provide a window into a world Owens can’t see and an outlet for her to express her thoughts and dreams. Owens’ unique musical style and inspirational lyrics continue to appeal to Christian and mainstream audiences alike.

Visit Ginny's Journal, to go behind the scenes and hear how Ginny wrote each song on her new album, she even shares the lyrics with you and let's you preview the song! I don't know about you, but I love hearing why artists wrote a particular song. It makes that song so much more special when I hear it again!

Visit Ginny on Facebook!

***Congratulations Kristie, you're the winner!!***

Thanks to Propeller for offering me a copy of the CD in exchange for my honest review!

1 comments:

Kristie said...

I like why she says she wrote the song Lay it Down...definitely a reminder I need every day as well.

I actually have one of Ginny's CD's from just after college! LOVE her music!