Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!

Hi everbody! It's been so long since I've posted or caught up with you guys! My mom's internet is acting funny so we can't get a wireless signal anymore boo! I have to use her computer if I want to get online now and, even though her house is about ten steps from mine, I've just been so busy that I haven't taken the time to come over and do much of anything online! I miss you!

Christmas was great! We spent the weekend before Christmas at Jered's parents house celebrating with them and then Christmas weekend was spent with my family. New year's weekend my sister got married!! And tomorrow I'M GETTING MARRIED! Holy cow! It's been one busy month and I'm ready for it all to be over!

I WILL be posting on my blog once again, I promise! :) Next week I'll post pictures from the wedding and, of course, I already have reviews to put up as well. I've been doing even more reading since I haven't been able to get online as much!

I have to tell you, my favorite Christmas activity this year was when we heard that Blockbuster was open on Christmas Day (my sister works at Blockbuster and she had to work) so we stopped at the store nearest us to say Merry Christmas to the lady that was working it. My brother chatted with her for a bit and heard that she had gotten into a minor accident the night before and was super sore from it, she also wasn't planning on seeing any family after she got off work. So during dinner - spur of the moment - we decided to take her a Christmas gift! Of course, everything was closed, so we went shopping at the gas station! But it was a TON of fun and she was so happy that we stopped back by! My siblings and I have decided that we're going to start a new Christmas tradition! We're going to wrap up a bunch of fun little gifts and stop in at any businesses that are open on Christmas day and spread a little cheer to those poor people who have to work! (In our small town, not that many businesses stay open - even the Walmart closed on Christmas Day!)

What was your favorite Christmas memory this year?

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

OMG Ali- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I am soooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you and I mean that from the heart. Can't wait to see the pictures and I'm wishing you all the happiness that life can bring to you and your whole family.
Odie

Kristie said...

Wow! I didn't realize your sister was getting married too. You've definitely been busy!

I love the idea of spreading some Christmas cheer to those who have to work on Christmas. Very neat!

Our Christmas was hectic. Just a lot of running around and then spending the rest of the time trying to get the house in order while putting new toys together, etc. I'm hoping for a calmer Christmas this year! :-)

Congratulations again on the upcoming wedding tomorrow! Wish I could make it. I'm sure it will be perfect! :-)