Monday, January 23, 2012

A Mile In His Shoes













A Mile In His Shoes

"Only a miracle can help baseball coach Arthur "Murph" Murphy (Dean Cain) and his losing minor league baseball team. As Murph sets out to recruit new talent for the team, he stumbles upon Mickey (Luke Schroder), a young farmer with an incredible pitcher's arm. However, Mickey's parents are reluctant to allow him to join the team because he has Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism. Murph convinces Mickey's parents that life in the minor league will benefit their unique son, but he doesn't realize just how much his new recruit will help the team's game and, more importantly, their spirit. Based on a true story, A Mile In His Shoes is an inspirational film that celebrates faith, determination and the power of friendship."

Jered says the movie is "frickin' awesome" and I didn't think it was half bad myself. Sports really isn't my thing, although true stories are - I enjoyed the non-sports moments and endured all the baseball games hehe. A Mile In My Shoes IS family friendly, so it would be a great choice for your family movie nights!

*****CONGRATULATIONS LACE!*****



I was offered a free copy of this DVD in exchange for my honest review!

5 comments:

Allison said...

Right now, mine is "Temple Grandin". I love how she overcame the obstacles of autism to become successful in her field and in public speaking. She is my hero and gives me hope for my son.

I would LOVE to win this giveaway! allison.frohriep@gmail.com

Angela said...

I was also going to say Temple Grandin!!! As you know my son has autism and I enjoy all real life stories about how people like him overcomes their challenges. It gives me hope, and everytime Jacob learns a new word I believe God is bringing him along!

New20Mommy@Yahoo.com

lace said...

Wild Hearts Can't be Broken, love that movie! Sonora Websters Biography is pretty interesting as well.

grams said...

Just seen Dolphin Tale - it was a good movie.

Kristie said...

The Hallmark movie "The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler" was really good! :-)