Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Reclaiming Lily














Reclaiming Lily
by Patti Lacey

"When an insidious genetic disease stikes her family, Harvard graduate Dr. Kai Chang must alert Lily, the sister Kai left on orphanage steps years earlier. Standing in her way are the Powells, Lily's adoptive parents. Gloria Powell, a shy pastor's wife, distrusts Kai and thinks her presence will send their troubled seventeen-year-old over the precipice of teen-aged angst. A Texas-sized tornado whirls when when Kai summons the Powells to a Fort Worth hotel. Tempers and cultures collide. Can Kai and Gloria, separated by culture and faith but devoted to Lily, reconcile their differences and trust their dreams to God?"

While Reclaiming Lily did not capture me as quickly as other books do, it was a good story. A good portion of the book was very detailed and spanned only a few months and I got pretty bored, but once the story started moving along, I enjoyed the book. It's not one I would re-read multiple times, but it's worth reading once!

I was offered a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

An interesting story line and one to look for. Thanks.