Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tying the Knot

I promised - and I finally got around to posting! We didn't actually hire a photographer for the wedding, Jered's sister took all the pictures and she did a great job! (We're not really picture-taking people anyways so there's not that many LOL!)

The ceremony was short and sweet. I Googled wedding vows and basically created my own wedding ceremony/vows. It was pretty cool! Here are the "I Do's" and the ring ceremony:

I, (NAME), take you (NAME), to be my (husband/wife), my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow and forever. I will trust you and honor you; I will laugh with you and cry with you. I will love you faithfully through the best and the worst, through the difficult and the easy. With God's help, may my love grow ever stronger. No matter what may come, I will always be there. As I have given you my hand to hold, so I give you my life to keep.

(NAME), this ring I give you; my gift and my promise of love, trust and pride that you are my husband/wife. We will wear these rings and the world will know that I am yours and you are mine.


The Kiss.


Our rings.

You can't see mine too well, but it is three flowers made out of diamonds; it's really beautiful! We went to a jewelry shop that specialized in buying and selling jewelry and we got this ring for 1/4 of the appraised cost!


He's joking...I think ;)


First Official family photo!


My Mama!
(The rest of my familia is completely missing from wedding photos, mainly because none of my siblings cared half as much about getting a photo with us hehe)


Jered's family: His mom and dad, sister and her two girls.


My grandparents are on the left and Jered's on the right :)


Cupcake Fondue!
Thanks to Pinterest this took the place of cake! The kids (and adults) had a lot of fun with it.
I went to Goodwill to buy the cups, bowls and stand!


Another Pinterest idea here!
We collected about a million glass jars (all recycled!) and wrapped them in yarn then spray painted them.

Thanks to Pinterest I also created my background from there (crepe paper and discounted winter snowflakes tied to a cheap expandable curtain rod) AND my guest book idea came from there as well. I will post THAT when I finish it!

2 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Thanks Ali for posting the pictures. They are all so great. Congratulations and I wish you (4) all the happiness in the world. It has been a while coming for you girl.

Kristie said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!! The pictures turned out wonderful and it sounds like it was the perfect day :-)

By the way-I LOVE the cupcake fondue! What a fun idea! :-)