Thursday, February 16, 2012

Typical Female

"John looked at Matt for several seconds. 'Do you think she wants to marry you?'

'She would have, if this hadn't happened. But now she says she doesn't want to mess up my life the way she messed up her own.'

John paused again. 'Well, you know, Matt, there's nothing wrong with what you want to do. In fact, it is quite noble. But do you really know what you're committing to? I mean--'

'you're right; I probably don't appreciate how hard it will be, at this point. But for me, it's more than just the right thing to do...I'm in love with her.'

'So did you tell her this?'

'Yes. That's when she left, crying.'

'She left, crying?'

'Yeah.'

'Well, you should get out of here and go get her.'

'What?'

'Go get her. I think she loves you too.'

'But she--'

'She wants to marry you too. Go get her.'"

-Taken from the book I'm currently reading, The Search Committee by Tim Owens.

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Reads like some mixed up folks Ali.